Monday, June 18, 2012

Lajja (Shame) ..by Taslima Nasrin...


Lajja (Shame) ..by Taslima Nasrin...



Read it..
Pained by it...
Agonized by it...
Angered by it....

One of the most painful books I have read...Eventhough the story revolves around the aftermath of  Babri Masjid demolition in Bangladesh, it carries the sequence of unfortunate events since independence which transformed a country conceived as a secular republic to a religious republic...with subsequent curtailments in the freedom of religion and freedom of thought...

The book made me realize how happy that I am for taking birth in this wonderful secular nation..i.e INDIA, inspite of all its shortcomings...

For giving me freedom...
freedom to be an athiest...
freedom to an agnost....
freedom to disbelieve in the 330 million Gods..
freedom to disbeleive in Father and Son...
freedom to disbeleive in the Prophet....

And at the most ..
freedom to question and reason
and to find the truth myself.....

I felt immense shame and angry for all those with all colours of flags for killing the fellow species in the name of God...

God, in  its present form, I perceive as the most dreadful creation of human being, more poisonous than the bomb burst at Nagasaki...

I felt moved by courage of Taslima Nasreen, being a female herself,wrote this book inspite of the  strong opposition she faced from the fanatics...

Thankyou..Taslima..for reminding me of the freedom I do possess in this  land, where I live....

No comments: